A while ago I posted a small HOWTO on how to use Pilmo and the Pilmo Voicefinder with Asterisk. In response to that I got some requests on how to unlock the Voicefinder. Although there is no need to unlock it when using my instructions, here’s how:
Download an original Addpac firmware from http://www.addpac.com/addpac_eng/customer.html
Just type AP200 in the download box and you’ll get a list of available firmwares.
- Connect the voicefinder using a DTE serial cable.
- When the system boots press Ctrl-C and Ctrl-X alternately until you see BOOT_login:
- Login as guest using password guest.
- Set a new password for the root user using the password command: password newpw newpw
- Do a show interfaces.
- Configure your PC to be in the same IP range (or reconfigure the voicefinder IP).
- FTP to the voicefinder IP address and upload the downloaded firmware. (Login using root and the newly set password.)
- When the upload is complete the Voicefinder will report the version of the firmware you uploaded an start writing it to flash.
- Once writing and verifying is completed type reboot.
The voicefinder will reboot using the newly uploaded original firmware. It will ask your DHCP server for an IP address. Go there with your favorite web browser and behold.. a full Addpac webinterface 🙂0 comments